St. Olaf Beowulf Blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

First Machine being Imaged

Success!  I finally got a machine to image!  One problem I ran into was that these seemingly identical machines were not in fact identical.  So, the hard drive would sometimes show up as hda, and others as hdc.  Very annoying.  However, this was fixed by digging inside the machines and rewiring them.

One thing to note: the final instructions mention downloading something called PXE and compiling it and using that.  I found that to not work at all.  So, I just enabled the tftp server and put my pxelinux.0 file into the /tftpboot directory, as well as made the /tftpboot/pxeboot.cfg config directory (instructions can be found on the web; I just used 'default'), and copied the standard i386 kernel there (to be found on systemimager's sourceforge site).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home